Kybella Hamilton OH / Norwood OH
Sometimes submental fat – the fat below the chin – can detract from an otherwise balanced facial appearance and make someone appear to be heavier or older than they are. This type of fat can be caused by aging, genetics and/or weight gain and affects both men and women.
What is KYBELLA®?
KYBELLA® is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe submental fat. This area some refer to as their “double chin. Before receiving KYBELLA®, we would need to go over your medical history including if you:
• Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin; have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin.
• If you have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area.
• If you had or have trouble swallowing.
• If you have bleeding problems.
• If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if KYBELLA® will harm your unborn baby).
• If you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if KYBELLA® passes into your breast milk; talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby if you receive KYBELLA®).
We would also have to go over all the medicines you are taking, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, herbal supplements and vitamins. It is very important to tell us if you take a medicine that prevents the clotting of your blood (antiplatelet or anticoagulant medicine).
What are the possible side effects of KYBELLA®?
KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including trouble swallowing and nerve injury in the jaw that can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness. The most common side effects of KYBELLA® include: swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment area. These are not all of the possible side effects of KYBELLA®. Further potential side effects will be discussed prior to treatment.
Who should not receive KYBELLA®?
KYBELLA® cannot administered if you have an infection in the treatment area.
The safe and effective use of KYBELLA® has not been established outside the submental area and is not recommended.
Medical Aesthetics & Laser offers Kybella at our Hamilton, OH and Norwood office. For more information and to schedule an appointment, call us Today!